Video SLOGAN Contest
Do you feel happy when you visit the English Center? Do you want your friends to know they can be happy too?
Then you should enter the English Center's brand new contest! Compete for a chance to have your entry promote the English Center on our website and around the school!
new additions to the English center
ESOL Discussion Circle: Tuesdays - 11:30am - 12:30pm
This semester, there will be an ESOL Discussion Circle every Tuesday from 11:30am to 12:30 in the English Center. These discussion circles will be led by Instructional Assistant Melissa Salvatore and are open to all levels of ESOL students.
ESOL Discussion Circle: Tuesday October 7, 2014 - 11:30am - 12:30pm
On Tuesday October 7, 2014, we will have another ESOL Discussion Circle. Instructional Assistant Melissa Salvatore will lead the group discussion and the topic will be about movies and television! Please join us and talk in English about your favorite movies, television shows and characters and more!
This semester, there will be a Miramar school counselor located in the English Center to assist students with any registration, transfer, or other counseling questions. Fall Hours will be listed soon!
COUNSELING STATION HOURS
Mondays: 2:30pm - 4:00pm (Rechelle Mojica will be the counselor onsite)
Tuesdays: 3:00pm - 6:00pm (Marc Hollman will be the counselor onsite)
Wednesdays: 2:30pm - 4:00pm (Rechelle Mojica will be the counselor onsite)
Upcoming ESOL DISCUSSION CIRCLEs
- 9/16: Adventure and Travel
- 9/23: Family and Relationships
- 9/30: Sports and Games
- 10/7: Movies and T.V.
- 10/14: Holidays
- 10/21: Music
- 10/28: Nature and the Outdoors
- 11/4: Technology and Social Media
- 11/18: Government and Politics
Click on workshop titles for more details
- 9/18: Basics of Google Calendar
- 9/22: How to Use Connectors Part 1
- 9/29: How to Use Connectors Part 2
- 10/06: How to Write a Focused Body Paragraph
- 10/16: Reading to Prepare for Writing
- 10/20: Building a Resume
- 10/30: Fragments and Run-on Sentences
- 11/05: Email Etiquette
- 11/06: American English Pronunciation
- 11/10: How to Apply for Scholarships