Details about the Spring 2015 English Center Writing Contest will be posted soon!
new additions to the English center
ESOL Discussion Circle (Days/Times TBA)
This semester, there will be an ESOL Discussion Circle every week in the English Center. These discussion circles will be led by Instructional Assistant Miriam Voth and are open to all levels of ESOL students.
This semester, there will be a Miramar school counselor located in the English Center to assist students with any registration, transfer, or other counseling questions.
COUNSELING STATION HOURS
Spring hours will be listed soon!
Upcoming ESOL DISCUSSION CIRCLEs
Spring Workshops TBA
Click on workshop titles for more details
- 9/18: Basics of Google Calendar
- 9/22: How to Use Connectors Part 1
- 9/29: How to Use Connectors Part 2
- 10/06: How to Write a Focused Body Paragraph
- 10/16: Reading to Prepare for Writing
- 10/20: Building a Resume
- 10/30: Fragments and Run-on Sentences
- 11/05: Email Etiquette
- 11/06: American English Pronunciation
- 11/10: How to Apply for Scholarships